The intern will conduct research and assist in planning activities to support VTrans’ climate change and energy planning and climate change adaptation work being undertaken in coordination with the state of Vermont’s Climate Cabinet. Topics include:
- Transportation energy data sources and consumption trends in Vermont
- Transportation and greenhouse gas emissions planning
- Research, planning and initiatives to increase electric vehicles on VT roadways
- VTrans flood resilience planning
Examples of tasks to be undertaken:
- Report writing
- Data gathering and analysis
- Tracking federal and state legislative activity including monitoring deliberations in the Vermont legislature
- Literature searches and other basic research activities
- Preparing presentations and information for the general public
- Facilitating collaboration among stakeholders such as organizing meetings, preparing agendas, and taking notes
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to [email protected] no later than August 22, 2014. Questions are welcome.
The 4-9 month paid internship, based in Montpelier, VT, will start in late September 2014 and can include up to 32 hours per week. Hours can be arranged to accommodate class schedules.