Now accepting applications for the 2016 Collegiate Leaders in Environmental Health (CLEH) Internship
*NOTE: If you are a graduate (any concentration) or undergraduate (Environmental Health majors specifically) student interested in Environmental Health, please see the attached brochure for more information on the Summer Program in Environmental Health (SUPEH) and the Graduate Environmental Health (GEH) Internships.
2016 Summer Internship Opportunity Announcement
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Environmental Health and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (NCEH/ATSDR) are offering a paid 10-week summer internship program for students who are passionate about the environment, interested in human health, and curious about how they are linked. During the course of the internship, students are introduced to environmental health at the federal level through collaborative projects, experiential learning opportunities, environmental health presentations, journal clubs, field trips, brown bag lunches, and mentoring relationships at NCEH/ATSDR. Interns will be based at NCEH/ATSDR’s Chamblee Campus and will be paid a stipend of approximately $600 a week during the course of the program.
2016 Application Timeline
· Application due date: Wednesday, January 27, 2016
· Program notifies applicants of acceptance: Friday, March 4, 2016
· Acceptance of internship offer by student and initiation of paperwork: Friday, March 11, 2016
· Internship dates: Wednesday, June 13, 2016 – Wednesday, August 17, 2016
“No two days at CDC/ATSDR were the same throughout my 10-week internship. Each day presented me with new opportunities for exploration and growth, and enabled me to think outside of the box about many environmental issues I had never before considered as important to human health.”
– Celia Karp, 2013 CLEH intern
1. US citizenship or permanent residency with a green card.
2. Full-time enrollment at a college or university as a rising junior or rising senior by fall 2016.
Note: Seniors graduating in spring 2014 will not be accepted into this program.
3. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Note: The number of intern positions is dependent on funds available.
Please visit our website for more information and application instructions: www.cdc.gov/nceh/cleh .
Questions? Please email Maria Jolly or LT James Gooch at [email protected]