On the Level Summer Internship
Who Are We?
On the Level (OTL) is a non-profit project* with a mission to grow and connect the climate community in order to demand meaningful systemic action. Founded in 2020 by a group of recent college graduates, On the Level maintains the largest database of American climate actions (anything from protests to letter-writing campaigns to joining an online group) ever compiled by using innovative software. Our work helps folks find climate movement actions that fit their location, availability, and interests with just a few clicks. In addition, we have weekly newsletters and a podcast series to keep our community members connected and informed. Learn more at https://www.beonthelevel.org.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about confronting the climate crisis through collective action and is interested in trying out an array of skills within a small non-profit. While the internship is flexible and can reflect the selected intern’s interests, the array of duties would include:
- Gathering data on weekly batches of actions to update and maintain the Climate Action Explorer database
- Managing existing OTL social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter) (and potentially creating an OTL TikTok account)
- Editing and producing the Climate Convos podcast
- Helping to design a framework to bring On the Level to college campuses
- Leading outreach between OTL and potential partner organizations across the country
- Analyzing climate action data
We are looking for applicants who have some experience with social media, data analysis, non-profit work, or the climate movement, who are excited to try new things, and who are comfortable working independently. We are a small, driven team excited to grow with the right candidate.
This position is remote and part-time (20hr/wk) for 10 weeks (early June through mid August).
Please send a resume and 1-2 paragraphs about yourself and why you would like to do this internship to [email protected] with the subject line: Name OTL Internship Application.
Email Ingrid Thyr at [email protected] with any questions about the position or application.
We value having team members with lived experience on the issues we work on. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, and people with other marginalized identities who may have a unique perspective on the climate crisis to apply.
* On the Level operates under a Joint Plan of Work with Virginia Organizing, which is a 501(c)3 and accepts tax-deductible financial contributions on our behalf.
Virginia Organizing is officially registered with the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23209. You can write to this Department for all relevant financial statements and procedures regarding the solicitation of contributions. Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.