Job Announcement: Program Assistant
Climate Interactive is looking for a program assistant to get our systems thinking tools and methods out to audiences to make a difference on climate change. Successful candidates will be detail-oriented self-starters who can be highly productive working remotely. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to addressing climate change, are readily able to distill scientific analysis into formats that are accessible to people without technical expertise, can learn and troubleshoot unfamiliar digital tools quickly, are strong writers, and can thrive in an environment that values independence, adaptability, and resourcefulness.
Climate Interactive has a small geographically dispersed team and the program assistant will have the opportunity to provide support across the organization, from media and communications to administration and research. This position will directly participate in Climate Interactive projects in the areas of global climate and energy policy, climate change resiliency, and urban infrastructure. In these areas, the assistant will take on projects and responsibilities to bolster these efforts and communicate their impacts to wider audiences. This will often entail writing blog posts with project updates, creating webpages, and developing sharp-looking outreach materials, but will also include conducting research and literature reviews to support the team’s senior researchers and modelers.
Climate Interactive does not have a physical office, so this is a telecommuting position for people based in the United States. The position is approximately 30 hours per week and pay and benefits are competitive. The individual serving in this role is responsible for providing all computer equipment and software necessary for the position.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Creating content for blog, social media, newsletters, and other communications
• Maintaining and developing the website
• Supporting strong relationships with partners
• Managing email contact database (MailChimp)
• Creating and editing video and images
Research & Project Support (30%):
• Gathering relevant information on climate and energy policies and impacts to serve projects on clean energy and climate resilience
• Helping create support materials and online-infrastructure for various projects, particularly in the areas of clean energy and climate resilience
• Completing miscellaneous tasks and responding to short term needs
• Organizing staff travel logistics
• Compiling expense reports
Qualifications, skills, & core competencies:
• Highly self-motivated, responsible, and an independent thinker
• Experience in the climate, sustainability, or energy fields
• Ability to telecommute during Eastern Time business hours
• Excellent writing and editing skills for a variety of settings, particularly for distilling complex ideas to general audiences.
• Strong attention to detail, but ability to see the larger picture
• Well-organized, self-motivated, and efficient
• Exceptional computer skills
• Quick with website maintenance and development (WordPress, HTML & CSS)
• Experience with video and image editing
• Team player willing to perform a variety of tasks
Climate Interactive is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of races, ethnicities, national origins, ages, sexual orientations, gender identities, beliefs, religions, faiths and ideologies, cultures, socio-economic backgrounds and levels of physical ability.