This internship is designed for Williams students only: if you are interested in environmental policy and want to be in the Northwest this summer, please consider this.
Katherine Wiley | Executive Administrator & Board Liaison | Ecotrust
721 NW 9th Avenue, Suite 200 • Portland, OR 97209
T (503) 467.0749 | F (503) 222.1517 | www.ecotrust.org
Building a world where people and nature thrive together. Join us at ecotrust.org
Ecotrust Knowledge Systems is seeking an Evaluation Intern to provide assistance to the Director of Economic Research and Evaluation, in analyzing, measuring, and reporting on socioeconomic and environmental outcomes and impacts, both for Ecotrust and for external clients. The Evaluation Intern will provide assistance in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis related to a range of programs and projects, organized around the triple bottom line of social equity, ecological well-being, and economic development.
The core capacities required for the Evaluation Intern are:
- Able to read and understand complex documents;
- Collect, organize, analyze, and display numerical data from public and private data sources such as American Community Survey;
- Collect and do necessary data hygiene on raw data from internal systems and sources to feed organizational social network analysis.
- Review, summarize, and synthesize peer-reviewed journal articles, nonprofit and government reports, and qualitative data from interviews and surveys;
- Effective oral and written communication;
- Problem solving mindset;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Preferred academic background in social science, including economics, sociology, psychology, or political science, or an applied discipline such as public health, public policy, or business. Students from other academic backgrounds will be considered.