Miami internships in Planning
I would like to offer positions in the Planning Department at the City of Miami and might also be able to work with other departments within the city for positions. We may not have a formal posting currently, but will be able to create one if you are interested.
Miami Planning department covers a number of issues including but not limited to:
1. Individual building sustainability
2. Streetscape masterplans incorporating green infrastructure elements
3. Design standards for dealing with stormwater and sea-level rise issues
4. Neighborhood scale planning for sea-level rise
5. Neighborhood redevelopment, displacement, and gentrification
6. Housing affordability issues
7. Incorporating transit with planning and zoning
I have also copied the Chief Resiliency Officer for the City of Miami who may have additional opportunities.