Nearby Nature seeks Naturalist Educator Interns for the summer of 2017 to help run our summer daycamps program in Eugene’s Alton Baker Park. Working with Nearby Nature is an excellent experience for folks interested in teaching or outdoor education!
Job Title: Naturalist Educator Assistant
- Enthusiastic responsible adult
- Love being outdoors
- Enjoy working with children
- Energy, sense of humor, passion, commitment to sustainable living
- Previous experience with kids (preschool and/or K-5th) helpful
- Some background in the natural sciences helpful
- 1st Aid/CPR training helpful
- Help Nearby Nature staff teach daycamps for children ages 3-4, 4-5, 6-8, and 8-11. Also assist with administrative tasks as needed.
- Assist with and/or lead activities including nature study, outdoor adventures, scientific discovery, gardening, games, storytelling, and crafts.
- Interns must attend training sessions prior to the start of camp (see below).
Training: Training sessions cover natural history, teaching skills, leadership, and safety. Training happens on June 24 and 25 from 10 am-2 pm at our site in Alton Baker Park.
Time Commitment: Summer Daycamps run in weekly sessions, June 26 to September 1. Each session has its own unique theme. Half day camps run from 9 am-noon or from 1-4 pm. Full day camps run from 9 am-4 pm. Interns must assist with a minimum of 4-6 weeks of our 10 week session. The weeks they work do not need to be consecutive. (See www.nearbynature.org/programs/daycamps. 2017 camps will be posted mid-February.)
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected].
Questions: Call Nearby Nature 541-687-9699, x 2 or email [email protected]