Niagara River Greenway Commission
P.O Box 1132 Niagara Falls, New York 14305
The Mission of the Niagara River Greenway is to restore the ecological health of the Niagara River and improve public access for all, while supporting the development of world-renowned scenic, natural, historic, cultural and recreational resources of the Niagara River Corridor. Advance the State’s commitment to comprehensive regional planning with continued emphasis on economic development, working collaboratively with our municipal partners, and community stakeholders.
The Niagara River Greenway Staff and Commissioners work to fulfill the Niagara River Greenway Plan through review of proposed projects, stewardship programs, community events, collaboration with municipalities and organizational partners. Our goal is to create a world class trail and greenspace network that communities can be proud of and cherish for generations to come.
The intern will assist in creating social media campaigns, monitor social media metrics and help with content and creation. The intern will also help coordinate the Youth Stewardship Program, which may require visiting local area high schools and planning for mini environmental conferences among teachers and students.
Additional duties will focus on the creation of a regional cycling information hub and coordinating cycling events. The intern will also be asked to assist with general administrative tasks including data entry, assisting with Greenway events and meetings.
The chosen intern will need strong critical thinking skills and be able to handle multiple tasks at one time. We are looking for someone who is a team player and can integrate into our vibrant and passionate team while sharing the mission of the Niagara River Greenway.
- Assist with online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and more, analyzing social media performance
- Optimize website and social media including managing social media calendars, crafting and uploading posts
- Helping with volunteer events, such as Shoreline Trail clean ups, pollinator garden plantings, invasive species removal.
- Visit local area high schools to speak about the importance of our Niagara River and its ecological health
- Assisting with office administration, email and phone communication, data entry
- Working closely with the Administrative and Community Engagement managers helping to coordinate outdoor volunteer work, assist in volunteer database management and
participate in some scheduled bike rides and walks.
- Familiar with posting to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube.
- Experience with social media advertising.
- Graphic Art experience, with Canva or similar platform
- Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Access
- Experience with directing and motivating youth
Beaver Island State Park, Office Building, Grand Island, New York 14072
Flexible between 10 – 25 hours a week
Please send Letter of Interest and Resume to