Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) is seeking a Summer 2015 Evaluation,
Measurement & Verification (EM&V) Forum Intern to work as an integral member of the
organization’s team that seeks to support the Regional EM&V Forum, a project launched in
2009 by NEEP to facilitate the development of consistent EM&V savings and reporting protocols
across the Northeast and mid-Atlantic region for demand-side resources, with an initial focus on
energy efficiency resources.
Based in NEEP’s Lexington, Massachusetts office, the Intern works closely with the EM&V
Forum Associate and Regional Energy Efficiency Database Manager, and also works with the
Forum Director and Senior Research & Evaluation Manager. Responsibilities of the Intern may
include research and analyses, project management assistance and administrative tasks.
This is an unpaid internship but NEEP will help the student obtain a stipend if available either
through their school or the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center’s Clean Energy Internship
Program – see http://www.masscec.com/programs/massachusetts-clean-energy-internship-program.
Research and Analyses
• Track and collect recently completed evaluation studies from the Forum region and update
the Forum’s Repository of State & Topical EM&V Studies
• Research state, regional and national evaluation policies and activities and update the
Forum’s EM&V Resource Library
• Provide support to the REED Manager to review and conduct QC on data submitted to
REED, including analysis of data and cross referencing with savings assumptions from state
Technical Reference Manuals (TRMs)
Project Management Assistance
• Proof read documents and reports
• Attend project subcommittee teleconferences/meetings and take meeting notes
• Compile information for project management updates
• Assist with communications to project subcommittees
• Assist with Forum website updates, e.g., monthly calendars, subcommittee membership
lists, subcommittee meeting information
• Complete Forum contact list updates, e.g., distribution lists, tracking worksheets, private
website user permissions
The Intern may take on other tasks, based on needs and the Intern’s interest and ability.
• Undergraduate or graduate student, or degree in related discipline preferred, e.g., public
policy and administration, management, environmental policy
• Research experience
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to take direction, work independently and coordinate work with others
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Ability to be an advocate for NEEP’s mission and vision
NEEP is a regional nonprofit that promotes the efficient use of energy in homes, buildings and
industry in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. We advance cutting-edge products and
practices through coordinated, whole-building efficiency programs and policies. Saving energy
creates a stronger economy, a cleaner environment and a more reliable and affordable energy
system. For more information on our organization visit: www.neep.org and for the Regional
EM&V Forum see http://www.neep.org/initiatives/emv-forum.
To apply please email a resume, along with a cover letter stating where you saw this posting
and outlining your interest in NEEP’s mission, to Julie Michals at [email protected] with a cc to
Bob McTighe at [email protected]. No phone calls please.
NEEP is committed to an organizational culture of inclusion, diversity and equity. We are
committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, and physical or
mental disability. We apply this policy to assure non-discriminatory practices in recruiting,
hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and all other activities. It also supports our
capacity to achieve our mission to accelerate energy efficiency with broad participation across
the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region.