We are pleased to announce that the 2021 application cycle for the Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Diversity Fellowship is now open! The RAY Diversity Fellowship is a two-year (1 year with 1-year renewal), full-time position with partner conservation and clean energy organizations with the goal of increasing and facilitating environmentally-related career pathways for emerging leaders of color. RAY Fellows have worked in a variety of communications, climate, policy, research, education, fieldwork, and philanthropic capacities.
About the RAY Diversity Fellowship Program
Inspired by efforts to increase racial diversity in conservation and clean energy, the Environmental Leadership Program coordinates Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Diversity Fellowship provides first-time career access opportunities for recent college graduates of color who do not have previous professional experience or a graduate degree. The RAY Fellowship is designed to support the Fellows in becoming leaders in the environmental sector—one that, in our visions of the future, fully represents, includes, and is led by the diverse communities, perspectives, and experiences of the United States.
- RAY Fellows are placed within one of our Member Organizations in a two-year-long (1 year with 1-year renewal) full-time fellowship position.
- RAY Fellows receive an entry-level salary plus benefits, relocation assistance, and a professional development stipend.
- RAY Fellows come together as a cohort twice a year during the orientation and mid-year retreats to equip Fellows with tools, experiences, support, and community. For the 2021-2023 Fellowship, all retreats are virtual till further notice.
- RAY Fellows design a Personal Leadership Plan, participate in professional development webinars, and receive support from mentors.
- RAY Fellows join a growing community of emerging conservation and clean energy leaders of color.
Eligibility & How to Apply
Eligible applicants will:
- Come from a racial / ethnic background underrepresented in the environmental sector and demonstrate a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Be no more than 1 year out of college and have a Bachelor’s Degree by July 2021 (we are not considering individuals with graduate degrees at this time)
- Have not had a full-time job in conservation or clean energy
- Have the ability to work in the United States and commit to the entire fellowship
Applications for the 2021 cycle are open and descriptions of Fellowship positions will be added on a rolling basis through March. We anticipate scientific and policy research and communications specific positions among others this year. Visit our website at http://www.rayfellowship.org/apply for application instructions and deadlines.
Interested applicants may join one of our upcoming informational webinar series to ask questions, learn more about the application process, and hear from a current RAY Fellow.
Nominate a future RAY Fellow here! Please forward and share the information widely with interested graduating seniors and recent graduates along with our social media announcements (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram). For more information please contact Guilu ([email protected]) for information about RAY Conservation placements or Charlie ([email protected]) for information about RAY Clean Energy placements.