Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
Title: Part-Time Accounting & Administration Intern
Type of Position: Intern
Paid: Hourly, ~20 hrs/wk
Number of positions: 1
Reports to: Director of Finance and Administration
The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly motivated individual for a paid Finance and Administration position. This is an opportunity to join a young, dynamic organization and work to improve a premier public space.
• Assist the Senior Accountant with bill entry in a progressive, online Accounts Payable system.
• Enter Forecast data into QuickBooks.
• Research potential accounting software upgrades.
• Research and recommend process and system improvements for job posting and other Human Resources functions.
• Assist the Office Administrator with office organizational projects.
• Document filing and scanning.
• Assist with other organizational projects ad hoc.
Skills and qualifications
• College graduate or current college student.
• Experience and skill with written communications
• Collaborative, detail-oriented. Positive, high-energy, fun, calm under pressure.
• The part-time position is available for a duration of 10-12 weeks beginning in May/June, approximately 20 hours per week.
• Work will primarily take place indoors, but will occasionally require some time on The Greenway.
• We will work with interns to receive college credit if interested.
• Please email a one-page cover letter, a one-page resume, and references to [email protected] with job title in the subject line. (Candidates will be notified before references are contacted.) Each file name should include applicant’s last name, and email size should not exceed 8MB.
• For the best chance of being offered the internship, applicants should apply as soon as possible.
• No telephone inquiries, please.
About The Greenway and the Conservancy
The Rose Kennedy Greenway is a mile-and-a-half of contemporary parks in the heart of Boston. The Greenway, a roof garden atop a highway tunnel, connects people and the city with beauty and fun. The non-profit Conservancy maintains, programs, and improves The Greenway on behalf of the public and in partnership with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
In 2015, The Greenway welcomed 1.2 million visitors for its events, Carousel, food trucks, and Wi-Fi, and millions more casually enjoyed the park. The Conservancy has won numerous awards, including for our organic landscape care and park programming. To learn more about The Greenway and the Conservancy, please visit our website and blog and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
RFKGC is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression (including transgender) or any other characteristic protected by law.