Title: Operations Fellow
Term: Full-time (40 hours/week)
Location: Cambridge, MA (MBTA Accessible via Harvard Sq.)
About Solstice: Solstice deploys “community solar,” which enables households that cannot install solar on their own roof to subscribe to a shared solar farm in their area. We believe climate change can be mitigated only when access to clean energy is democratized.
Our community organizing techniques and technology platform lower solar project development costs, while making it simple and easy for everyday Americans to participate in clean energy savings for the first time. We are also focused on financial and policy innovations that lower barriers which prevent low- and middle-income households from participating in the U.S. solar market.
Position overview: Work hand-in-glove with our CEO to coordinate administrative duties and office procedures for Solstice. Your role is to arrange logistics and conduct research on a variety of topics that ensures the smooth running of the office and helps to improve company day-to-day operation. You will learn from all departments of the company, and you will help on all aspects of the CEO’s work, from fundraising to sales/marketing to recruiting/onboarding new staff to building culture. Previous experience as an office manager or researcher would be an advantage, and candidates that are highly organized and detail-oriented are encouraged to apply. We’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to dive right in, willing to learn on the fly, and eager to contribute wherever needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist on all operational and administrative tasks at the company
- Conduct research on funders, new markets, and potential business partners (research topics can be flexible depending on this fellow’s interests)
- Coordinate executive communications
- Arrange logistics for team culture events
- Attend CEO meetings and take notes, organize follow-up tasks
- Maintain an organized tracking system for research and tasks
- Data entry of important company contacts
- Experience (or strong interest) in getting things done, logistics, organization, and research
- Ability to manage multiple projects and communicate effectively
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Excel and Google Docs
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment
- Team player mentality and positive attitude
As an Operations Fellow, you will gain:
- A deep understanding of the solar and renewables energy space
- The ability to conduct research that will impact the organization’s strategy
- Hands on startup experience at a non-profit cleantech startup