Summer 2018 Daycamp Internship
Location: Alton Baker Park in Eugene, Oregon
Nearby Nature is seeking interns to help run our summer daycamps in Alton Baker Park. Working as an intern is an excellent experience for folks interested in teaching or outdoor education!
- Love being outdoors
- Enjoy working with children
- Energy, sense of humor, passion
- Commitment to sustainable living
- Responsible, safety-conscious, 1st Aid/CPR training helpful
- Previous experience with kids (preschool and/or K-5th) helpful
- Background in the natural sciences helpful
- Assist with and/or lead nature study activities, outdoor adventures, scientific discovery,
gardening, games, storytelling, & crafts (for kids in groups ages 3-4, 4-5, 6-8, 8-11, and/or 11-13).
- Assist with administrative, supply management, and site upkeep tasks as needed.
- Interns must attend training sessions prior to the start of camp (see below).
Training: Training sessions cover natural history, teaching skills, leadership, and safety. Training happens on June 9 and 10 from 10 am-2 pm at our site in Alton Baker Park.
Credit Options/Stipends for Student Interns: Students are welcome to arrange credit if desired through individual professors or their home universities
Time Commitment: Summer Daycamps run in weekly sessions, June 18 to August 31. Each session has its own unique theme. Half day camps run 9 am-noon or
1-4 pm. Full day camps run 9 am-4 pm. Interns must assist with a minimum of 4-6 weeks of our 10 week session. The weeks they work do not need to be consecutive. For more details, topics, and dates (dates available by end of February) see nearbynature.org/programs/daycamps.
How to Apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references (as PDFs) to [email protected].
Questions: 541-687-9699, x 2 or [email protected]