We are recruiting interns to build the next generation of the environmental movement! This is an outstanding opportunity for students interested in local grassroots environmental organizing and politics.
Job Scope: The Sierra Club SF Bay Chapter plays a vital role in the environmental movement by mobilizing our 30,000 members in grassroots activism, lobbying, and local elections. Some of our current campaigns include fighting a coal exports proposal in Oakland, working with communities to regulate polluting refineries in Contra Costa County, promoting clean renewable energy in San Francisco and the East Bay, and collaborating with nonprofits and elected officials around the Bay Area to fight climate change.
- Real world experience in nonprofit organizing and political work.
- Take part in coalitions with progressive organizations from the environmental justice, labor movement, faith, community organizing, and political sectors.
- Past interns have gone on to careers in the nonprofit and political field.
- Plan, implement, and attend exciting events.
- Inclusion in staff meetings, field campaign activities, and everyday workplace fun.
- Opportunity to work for a nationally respected environmental group.
- Participate in exciting and successful campaigns to protect local communities and the global climate.
- A passion for organizing and grassroots efforts for change.
- Commitment to environmental issues, especially as they impact disadvantaged communities.
- Strong communication skills.
Commitment: Internship activities vary depending on applicant’s skills and interests. All interns take part in grassroots organizing and outreach activities.
- Expected time commitment: 4-10 weeks, starting mid or late June 2017
Compensation: This position is unpaid. The organization will reimburse some transportation expenses and help secure academic credit if applicable. References are given based on performance.
Apply: Please email a resume and brief cover letter to [email protected].