CROTON WATERSHED REGION, WESTCHESTER COUNTY, NY
The Watershed Agricultural Council’s Forestry Program is seeking to hire one seasonalWatershed Forestry Educator for the
summer of 2017. The seasonal Watershed Forestry Educator will primarily provide support for teacher training programs
associated with the WAC Forestry Program’s Urban Rural Education Initiative. The secondary function of this position will be
to provide support for forest landowner outreach and education programs within the NYCWatershed.
The Watershed Forestry Educator will have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Work in cooperation with the WAC Forestry Program Watershed Educator to help plan,run, and evaluate multiple
teacher training programs related to the NYC Watershed, drinking water supply system, and watershed forestry. In
particular, assist with the Watershed Forestry Institute for Teachers, which is a 5-day, 4-night training program for 25
teachers (6-12th grade) held at an environmental education center.
• Work in cooperation with the WAC Forestry Program staff to assist with forest landowner education and outreach
efforts in the NYC Watershed region, including marketing and content development for MyWoodlot.com. MyWoodlot.
com is a website designed to promote forest stewardship among woodland owners in the NYC Watershed.
• College degree or working toward degree in environmental,science, or sustainability education or related
environmental or educational field;
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills;
• Knowledge of and experience with environmental education, experiential learning, event planning, and program evaluation;
• General computer skills, including Microsoft Excel,Word, and Power Point;
• Preference will be given to candidates with forestry and/or water-related environmental education experience;
• Conditions of employment are a valid driver’s license and a dependable vehicle for whichWAC will reimburse mileage
incurred on the job based on current federal rates.
• Position located atWAC’s East of Hudson office at Hilltop Hanover Farm, 1275 Hanover St.,Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
Duration approximately 10 weeks with flexible start and end dates.
• Works under direct supervision of theWAC Forestry ProgramWatershed Educator and theWAC Forestry Program
Manager. Report bi-monthly to theWatershed Forestry Program Committee of theWatershed Agricultural Council.
• $14.00/hour, 40 hours/week plus mileage reimbursement. Housing not included.
Submit cover letter, resume and writing sample by Friday, February 24, 2017 to::
Watershed Agricultural Council, 33195 State Highway 10, Walton NY, 13856, or by email to [email protected]
Review of applications will begin on March 3, 2017. WAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.