The Caretaker Farm Communications Intern will report to Caretaker Farm Manager, Don Zasada.
The intern will provide support to connect Caretaker Farm CSA with 275 farm member families. They will enhance our social media and web presence through photos and videos while updating the signage on the farm to provide a more profound experience to all farm visitors. The intern will also assist the farm in some work tasks to understand more profoundly sustainable agriculture and give context to the communication with our community.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop a photo bank throughout the summer for social media, website and publications.
- Craft a 90-120 second video of our farm for outreach opportunities.
- Upgrade signage in our U-Pick gardens and hoophouses.
- Assist with some fieldwork to experience sustainable agriculture in order to more effectively develop outreach materials that express our mission.
- Maintain social media presence during internship through Facebook and Instagram.
- The internship is 8 weeks and 30 hours per week. It will be divided such that 18 hours will be dedicated to specific communications projects and the remaining 12 hours will involve assisting in various types of farm tasks.
- We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual who is passionate about helping us share with our community the everyday experience of our farm through various forms of media.
- Experience with graphic design, video editing and photography is helpful.
- Creative and artistic students are encouraged to apply.
- Although prior experience on a farm is helpful, it is not a necessary prerequisite for this internship.