The Center for EcoTechnology helps people and businesses in Massachusetts save energy and reduce waste. We make green make sense. For 40 years, we’ve offered proven advice and resources to save you money, make you more comfortable at home, and help your business perform better. Working with partners throughout the region, we’re helping transform the way we live and work for a better community, economy, and environment – now and for the future. We provide practical solutions that save energy, materials and money and have a positive impact on our environment and community. We serve residents, business and communities in the areas of energy efficiency and waste reduction and through our retail store, EcoBuilding Bargains.
The Center for EcoTechnology is seeking five qualified college graduate candidates for a 10-month paid fellowship position to work with our staff to carry out a range of activities related to climate action initiatives and educational programming in western Massachusetts. Activities will support the CET’s initiatives to assist residents, students, institutions and businesses across the region in ongoing programs in energy efficiency, home energy services, renewable energy, and waste reduction through recycling, reuse and home composting.
The Fellowship offers a full orientation and week-long training by CET professionals in subjects related to above programs, professional development exploring a variety of environmental topics throughout the fellowship and bi-weekly mentoring sessions. Fellows are offered in-depth career development support during the fellowship.
Fellows will be based in CET’s Northampton office, with travel expected between CET locations and into local communities.
• We are looking for creative and energetic college graduates (bachelor degree required) with an interest in energy efficiency, renewable energy technologies, climate change, recycling and resource conservation. Previous experience through volunteering, internships and/or professional work is required.
• Commitment to the entire Fellowship program, from August 7, 2017 to June 29, 2018, is required.
• Fellows work a flexible schedule (40 hrs./week) that requires some evening and weekend hours as needed.
• Computer skills required, experience in creative uses of social media and/or graphic design preferred.
• Driver’s license and reliable, insured transportation is required.
• Ability to lift and move 30lb will be required as necessary for certain placements.
• Background checks and drug testing will be required for all positions.
• CET is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all to apply.
EcoFellowship Salary and Benefits:
• Salary: Pays $11.50/hr. for 40 hrs./week (for the duration of the program), with an additional $2,000 bonus at the completion of the program.
• Benefits: Health Insurance; paid sick, holiday and vacation; 403(b), supplies and mileage reimbursement
• Professional Development: Two-week orientation; monthly professional trainings, opportunity to attend conferences, networking and career development
Application Process: Rolling applications are accepted until February 28.
Please make sure to specify the EcoFellowship you are applying for in your cover letter
Be the face of the Center for EcoTechnology! These fellowships help coordinate and perform CET’s outreach activities in Western Massachusetts communities through outreach and education initiatives in the areas of efficiency, renewable energy, and waste reduction such as home composting, recycling and reuse. Learn the basics of building science, recycling and composting, Salesforce database, content development, and grant/report writing. Proficiency in Spanish a plus.
• Implement CET’s Go Green outreach and education campaign, helping residents to take practical steps in residential clean energy, energy efficiency, recycling, composting and other green behavior choices to support a sustainable future.
• Work directly with EcoFellowship Coordinator to assist communities with outreach and education to residents. Examples of outreach activities include staffing information tables in community venues and at EcoBuilding Bargains, coordinating energy efficiency and building science presentations, implementing hands-on workshops, and promoting other outreach events.
• Conduct classroom and school-wide energy, waste and recycling instruction and activities at schools and youth programs, including the Pittsfield Schools recycling education program.
• Work with marketing staff to generate written content: writing articles, blog posts and case studies for social media outlets and CET website and supporting regional media engagement.
• Assist in the research, development and distribution of marketing content for CET and its services.
• Additional tasks assigned as required.