Healthy Building Materials Consulting Internship
Are you ready to help our team make a real difference?
Integrated Eco Strategy (IntegratedEcoStrategy.com), is a national leader in Living Building Challenge consulting and provides client-focused, high-value services relating to sustainability within the building industry. Our clients range from billion-dollar thought leaders to grassroots advocates.
We are looking for a self-starting, action-oriented person with strong organizational and communications skills. As a summer intern, you will be exposed to all facets of our operation. Our work includes researching building materials for compliance with established health criteria and tracking the results using our proprietary software, with a keen focus on expanding the content and quality of our data. In addition to the materials research, our intern will be involved in aspects of client relations, software development, and business operations.
The successful candidate will:
- Receive training on researching building material compliance requirements
- Track research results through data entry in our proprietary database and regularly update project managers and clients on the status of research tasks.
- Perform other tasks related to supporting project teams in pursuit of Living Building Challenge certification.
- Rotate through various teams in support of our marketing, client relations, business operations, and software development efforts
Success indicators for this role include but are not limited to:
- Strong writing skills and ability to articulate ideas in clear and concise language that all levels of our organization and outside partners understand.
- Ability to handle shifting priorities and tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Proactive situational leadership, e.g. always looking for ways to improve process communications and address potential problems before they occur versus taking a reactive approach.
- Analytical thinking with a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Energetic and collaborative interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to work independently.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the success of our growing company, then we want to hear from you! Compensation is $500/week and lasts for 10 weeks in June-August of 2018. Please send your resume’, and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position to: [email protected]