Outdoor Recreation Intern
A dynamic and motivated individual is being sought for an Intern position with the Berkshire Regional Planning Commission (BRPC), a regional planning agency serving Berkshire County in Western Massachusetts.
BRPC, in partnership with Mill Town Capital, developed the Berkshire County Outdoor Recreation Plan in 2020, with a subsequent update published in late 2021. Future work includes pursuing overarching recommendations from the Plan related to infrastructure, communication, and regulatory/legislative matters. This includes building and maintaining an extensive database of outdoor recreation assets, with the goal of identifying and prioritizing assets in need of improvement, as well as developing an outdoor recreation website for Berkshire County, in close coordination with tourism promotion marketing conducted by other region-wide entities and agencies.
This position will:
- Update and expand the Berkshire County outdoor recreation inventory (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i8W2upqAF6VxP1kWfW4Yb19DKdUu95PcdScGLOrkky4/edit#gid=72572846)
- Develop a written synopsis of each outdoor recreation facility
- Develop a list of needed facility improvements based on fieldwork conducted by a different employee.
- Research grant funding opportunities to conduct the above improvements.
- Assist with scoping, research, and organization of the new Outdoor Recreation website.
The successful candidate is organized, research-oriented, self-directed, and writes well. Familiarity with Berkshire County outdoor recreation facilities is a benefit.
The position is full-time (35 hours/week) for ten weeks and begins in mid-June. Work is fully remote. No housing is available. Funding is dependent upon Williams College CES funding availability. Local applicants with a vehicle may be asked to conduct field work for a limited number of facilities.
Submit the following items to [email protected] by e-mail only: cover letter, resume, and a writing sample. (Please limit your writing submission to no longer than two pages, even if it needs to be an excerpt.) No telephone calls. Position available immediately and open until filled. EOE/Smoke- and Drug-free Workplace. 1 Fenn Street, Suite 201, Pittsfield, MA 01201.